Sunday, June 21, 2015

Outro

To finish off this blog, I'd like to talk about the history of the NHL. This league started back in 1917, almost a hundred years ago after the NHA became very popular in Canada. Toronto won the very first Stanley Cup and the year later, Montreal won by default after many players became ill with the Spanish flu from the soldiers who came back from war and what not. The league first started in Canada and in 1920, the Boston Bruins joined the league as the first American team. Later on the original six was born. With the addition of the Chicago Blackhawks, the Detroit Red Wings and the New York Rangers to the prior Montreal Canadians and Toronto Maple leafs. The league was booming and becoming very popular, increasing the popularity of the sport as well. 
Soon, many more teams were added to make up 30 teams. Now, the sport is considered to be one of the biggest in the world. from what started as a pass time in Windsor, Nova Scotia to a professional sport played world wide. There are tons of other leagues like the KHL in Russia that players from the NHL went to during the lock out to small junior B leagues across the world. The sport we know and love in Canada is one that will forever be played. 
I personally fell in love with the sport at a very young age, watching games with my grandpa or playing in the driveway with my dad. I started playing when I was five and never want to stop, the feeling of gliding on the ice is something I'll never forget. 
To conclude this blog, I hope that you all enjoyed my blog over the past semester and I want to say thank you to the people that read it even if they didn't know or like the topic. 

2 comments:

  1. I have the same experience as you, falling in love with this sport at a young age. My father pushed me and my brother to play, and I'm forever thankful that he got me into such a wonderful sport. I'm going to miss commenting about hockey on your blog, I'm sorry to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this blog. I'm glad your team won. My team hasn't won in my lifetime...sigh....Go Leafs go!

    A few issues:
    - Formatting of text odd at times. (Black vs white text)
    - A few videos might be nice.
    - Plagiarism. No sourcing for some of your posts. If you don't tell us where you got the info, then it's plagiarism.
    - Grammar / spelling issues (nineteen vs ninetine, plpaying?, also vs aslo, Tgey?, its vs it’s, sing vs sign etc.)

    Good stuff for the most part.

    ReplyDelete